Monday, September 20, 2010

Bye to a Friend

 Last week, I lost a classmate, Phillip Freeman, who I had just this year, reconnected with.    When I found out that he was sick, I immediately tried to reach out to him, but he didn't want any visitors or calls.  That was fine, I can respect his privacy. The last time I physically saw him was at my church, he came to a musical.  I hugged him about 3 times and he said, "Dang Gen, are you that happy to see lil ole me?" I responded that I was.  I didn't realize that would be the last time I saw him......I connected with him via Facebook and we talked via inbox  a few times. Phil's death leaves me happy and sad at the same time.  I'm happy that he is not suffering any longer and not in pain.  I'm sad, because he's not here with us anymore.  Philip was a genuine person with musical talent. He could play and SANG!!! Tomorrow and Wednesday will be hard for his family, his church family and the many friends he has made throughout the years......Prayer will get all of us thru........I'm done before my keyboard gets any wetter :).....we love you Phil....RIP.......

No comments:

Post a Comment