Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April Showers

The month of April is normally known for the rain it brings.....hence April Showers. In my life, the month of April is synonymous with showers of tears. Three phenomenal women that I love dearly have birthdays this month. My Mom, my paternal Grandma, and my Bestie. They also are no longer here with me. My Mama and my Grandma both passed in April as well-Mama in 1997 and Grandma in 2004. I always try to remain busy on those days so I can't "think" about what the date is.  On the 10th, My Ma would have been 62, Grandma would have been 82 on the 8th and Tee would have been 42 on the 23rd. I can still recall the last conversation I had with each of them like it was yesterday.

I went to my Ma's house and I got some pictures, she asked why did I try to steal her pictures. I told her that I just wanted to make some copies. She said well make copies of all of my pictures that you have stolen and give them back. She then picked up Cherrelle and told her you are a just a doll! That's why I call you Granny's doll. I then told her we would be back on her birthday, which was in four days....she passed 2 days later......

I called my Grandma and asked how she was feeling, because she had become bed ridden by then. She said like she always did...I feel ok. I then asked her was it OK to come and see her on that Thursday because it was going to be warm. Let me explain....I had just gave birth to Jannee' about 2 weeks before and Grandma was like the GESTAPO when it came to going out before those 6 weeks were up. She didn't want me to catch pneumonia or have a "set back".....to this day, I am really not sure what a "set back" is....I told her that it was going to be 70 degrees, so I should be fine and I really wanted her to see Jannee'. She told me just to wait and she knew she was beautiful because she was one of hers. That Thursday, I did get to see Grandma, just not like I wanted....she passed that day.....

My last conversation with  my Bestie was a short one.  She told me that she was feeling a little down. I immediately told her no worries, everything would be fine! She said to me...you are right! I told her that I loved her to pieces and she said I love your ass to pieces right back...she passed later that night......

Happy Birthday Ladies! I have decided to celebrate all month!! <3

Spread love to everyone.....and if you see me....give me a hug.....I could use one!


Much Love....Just Gen

No comments:

Post a Comment